Re: Help

From: Jens Schweikhardt
Subject: Re: Help
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 17:38:36 +0200

On Wed, May 14, 2003 at 08:04:11AM -0700, NIKHIL KINI wrote:
# Hi,
#   I am working as a sofware Programmer ,developing
# software products using C++,wxwindows,Red Hat Linux
# 7.2
# I am finding it difficult to write GNU make files.
# Can anybody help me out, by giving me a easy to read
# document , how to write makefiles.

You should be able to read all make documentation on your system with

  info make   (or maybe info gmake)

If this turns up nothing, ask your system administrator how to read
the GNU make docs. As a last resort, browse
http://www.gnu.org/manual/make-3.80/make.html

There are many examples on how to write makefiles in these documents
that should get you started.

Regards,

        Jens
--