Re: Make 3.77 Installation Guide

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Make 3.77 Installation Guide
Date: Tue, 1 Jul 2003 16:23:36 -0400

Hi; please only send to _one_ GNU make mailing list, not both.  Thanks!

%% "Temi Odumosu" <address@hidden> writes:

  to> I have just downloaded make 3.77, but the readme does not contain
  to> installation guide.  Can you please provide me with the installtion
  to> procedure for make 3.77 on Windows Platform .

Not sure what you mean by "installation guide".  If you have the source
there's a README.W32 which describes how to build it on Windows
platforms.

If you have a binary distribution, then you must have gotten it
somewhere else because we don't make binary distributions available; in
that case you'll have to ask whomever you got it from how to install it
(generally there's no installation necessary, though, you just put the
make executable on your path and run it).

You might get more help on the address@hidden list, which is
specifically for people using DOS/Windows/etc. versions of GNU make.