Re: any tool(or gmake option) to rewrite GNUMakefiles into plain-make Ma

From: Yakov Lerner
Subject: Re: any tool(or gmake option) to rewrite GNUMakefiles into plain-make Makefile ?
Date: Sun, 24 Aug 2003 14:15:12 +0300

Paul D. Smith wrote:
%% Yakov Lerner <address@hidden> writes:

  >> How often do you think such a tool is needed?

  yl> If you know of GNU-compatible distributed make, then I wouldn't
  yl> need the rewrite option.

Uh... well... GNU make itself is distributed, or at least can be made to
be so with add-on libraries.  Is that good enough?

Where can I read more about making GNU make distributed ?
I can then try it out and see if it's good enough.

--
Jacob Lerner