Re: make errors on Linux

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: make errors on Linux
Date: Mon, 6 Oct 2003 11:31:28 -0400

%% "sting sting" <address@hidden> writes:

  ss> I am using make on Linux (make-3.79.1-17 rpm); when I run it from
  ss> command line , I get warning and erros; when there is a warning ,
  ss> the error message begin with 'warning'; when there is an error
  ss> ,the error message does not begin with 'error';.

These messages are not being printed by GNU make.  They are being
printed by the tool (a C compiler I assume) that make is invoking.

So, there is nothing make can do about this.  Please contact the people
responsible for your compiler and make your request there.

Good luck!