Re: non-mandatory makefile include

From: Dan Kegel
Subject: Re: non-mandatory makefile include
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2003 15:54:44 -0700

Paul D. Smith wrote:
%% Rahul Jain <address@hidden> writes:

  rj> I'd like to add an include line to a makefile that doesn't cause the
  rj> process to fail if the file does not exist. I'd like to not create a
  rj> blank file, if possible. Any sugggestions for acheiving this goal are
  rj> appreciated.

Try "-include".

See the GNU make manual.

And furthermore, you might want to make an optional non-mandatory include
to keep from building those include files if not really needed for the
current target, e.g.

 ifneq ($(MAKECMDGOALS),clean)
 -include $(deps)
 endif

- Dan "I learned it just this week so everyone must want to know it" Kegel