Re: problerm using eval

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: problerm using eval
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 10:39:36 -0500

%% address@hidden writes:

  hpvl> It looks to me that eval seems capital sensitive. I moved the
  hpvl> "RTL" to "rtl" in the rule and now it worked also with
  hpvl> eval......

All of make is case-sensitive, in that a variable named "foo" is
different than a variable named "FOO" which is also different from a
variable named "Foo", etc.

  hpvl> I am not to familiar how to handle patches, since I am working
  hpvl> on a hp unix business platform maintained by IT managment.  I
  hpvl> there a way to try your patch locally and how can I do that?

If you have a program called "patch" on your system (say you call the
local file "patch.txt"), then you just download the patch file, go to
the top level of the source directory, and run something like:

    patch -p1 < patch.txt

If you don't have patch, it's also free software so you can get it off
the Internet: ask Google where to find it.