Re: trying to emulate "include"

From: Noel Yap
Subject: Re: trying to emulate "include"
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2003 12:30:47 -0500

wim delvaux wrote:

> I do not understand what you want to acchieve.
>
> -include X
>
>         X is optional
>
> include X
>
>         X MUST be present -> else error
>
> so why the wildcard if 'include' without - does the same ???

include X emits a message even if make is able to build the makefile and
succeed.  I want the message emitted with an error if and only if the makefile
doesn't exist and make doesn't know how to build it.

Thanks,
Noel
--
NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.  Sender does
not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use is prohibited.