Re: i was getting error

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: i was getting error
Date: Wed, 7 Jan 2004 17:36:46 -0500

%% "satya dev" <address@hidden> writes:

  sd> When I was trying to make gunmake.exe it is giving me error. I was
  sd> trying to run "  build_w32.bat " file but it is giving me error "WinRel
  sd> build failed", please tell me how to overcome this

That error is not the real error, that's just the last error message
printed.  Typically the real error is one of the first error messages
printed.

Please always provide full details about your environment when asking
for help: what version of the software you're using, what type of system
you're building for, the exact error message you got, etc.

In this case you're probably trying to build GNU make 3.80 on a Windows
platform; there is a known bug there.  See this bug report and the
attached fix; you need to add a missing .obj to the .bat file:

  https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=1687