Re: clean and cleandir question

From: Noel Yap
Subject: Re: clean and cleandir question
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2004 08:37:10 -0500

IIRC, some of the more common targets are described in one of the make.info files.
"cleandir" might mean the same as "clobber".

Noel

Paul D. Smith wrote:

%% Ipplepen <address@hidden> writes:

  i> Can anyone tell me what the difference is between what seem to be
  i> standard makefile targets "clean" and "cleandir" please ?

Not sure what you mean by "standard"; there are no predefined targets
that come with GNU make.

There are some conventions, and a very common one is that "clean" will
clean up any derived objects created by an invocation of "make".

There's no common target "cleandir" that I'm aware of, so we can't
suggest exactly what it might mean.

Why don't you just look at the makefile and see?