Problems with compiling GNU Make on Lindows

From: Olusola Jeje
Subject: Problems with compiling GNU Make on Lindows
Date: Tue, 25 May 2004 08:52:17 -0700

Hi,

I’m having problems compiling GNU Make 3.80 on a Lindows box running Linux Kernel 2.4.23 using gcc 3.3.2.

Since I didn’t already have Make on the machine, I ran “build.sh” after running “configure”.

Build.sh fails with a “gcc: ./address@hidden: No such file or directory” error.

Upon investigating the problem, I discovered that the “REMOTE” variable was not resolved (currently REMOTE=’@REMOTE@’) since I didn’t run “configure” with the Customs package.

I cannot install pmake and customs (refered to in the README.customs file) because I don’t already have make ( a chicken and an egg situation).

I tried running “configure” with the “—without-customs” option but encountered the same problem as before.

I also tried a few hacks with “remote-cstms.c” and “remote-stub.c” – trying to replace address@hidden with both files in the objs variable in build.sh but without success.

Is there a problem with my installation method or am I missing something. Are there support issues between Lindows and Gnu Make?

Thanks,

Olusola Jeje