exporting rules from make

From: siku hori
Subject: exporting rules from make
Date: Wed, 26 May 2004 14:55:32 +0100 (BST)

Hi,

We have a requirement where we need to convert
around 20,000 odd Makefile based testcases
to csh format.

Just to clarify our requirement.

In the existing test suites.

1. We have a master make rules which
are called from the test cases local Makefile.

2. In some testcases there are local rules
defined in the local Makefile.

In the new test suite format, we need to have
all rules defined in the *.csh file which
should be executed.

Ie myrequirement is to have a script, which will
go to each test case, convert the Makefile rules
to *.csh ( c shell format).

Once option is that writing each rules manually
in  c shell format, but for more than 600 rules
it is not not feasible

Can you gurus give me some pointers . Any help
would be appreciated .

Thanks in advance.

sikooa

http://yahoo.shaadi.com/india-matrimony/