Re: Using the target of a pattern rule as a prerequisite

From: David Boyce
Subject: Re: Using the target of a pattern rule as a prerequisite
Date: Fri, 04 Jun 2004 11:41:34 -0400

At 11:07 AM 6/4/2004, Noel Yap wrote:
I think my point is completely being missed.

I don't think it's being missed, it's being not-completely-agreed-with.

This is surely unsafe (ie will likely cause memory corruption somewhere)

Agreed.

and only the decision not to allow "#include <Foo.H>" will resolve the situation.

This is not correct. Depending on the searched directories *is* another way to solve the same problem. Which way is better is an open question: reasonable people may disagree and those people may even change their minds depending on circumstances. I'm comfortable with noting that both options are on the table.

-David