Re: Installation Help...

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Installation Help...
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2004 07:40:09 -0400

%% "Cliff Colon" <address@hidden> writes:

  cc> I was wondering if you could provide me with step by step
  cc> instructions for installing GNU Make on my system? I am having
  cc> trouble getting it to install properly and have been unable to
  cc> find specific instuctions for installation to see what I may be
  cc> doing wrong. Any information you could provide would be greatly
  cc> appreciated. Thanks.

The GNU make distribution contains lots instructions... you didn't say
what kind of system you have or what you're doing..

See the INSTALL and README files for general instructions suitable for
any sort of UNIX-based system.  See the README.DOS file for instructions
suitable for building on a DOS system.  See the README.W32 file for
instruction suitable for building on a Windows (Windows32) system.  See
the readme.vms file for instructions to build on an OpenVMS system.  See
the README.Amiga file for instructions to build on an Amiga.