Re: var used by implicit rule

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: var used by implicit rule
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 2004 01:39:53 -0400

%% bertold <address@hidden> writes:

  b> I believe, i am not using H file as a prerequisite.

Mmm.  Yes.  In this case the problem is that make is not trying to build
the .tab.h file at all.  All make really wants to build is the .c file,
so it ignores the .h file completely.  It could be argued that make
should treat the .h file as an intermediate file as will in this
situation, but that's not what it does.

However, using .INTERMEDIATE will work (but, you have to give the actual
filename not a pattern).