Makedepend -- Don't search standard libraries

From: hotquietday
Subject: Makedepend -- Don't search standard libraries
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 20:08:30 -0700 (PDT)

I have a line like this in my Makefile:

makedepend -f- -Y -o.obj $*.cpp > address@hidden;

which produces the following warnings:

makedepend: warning:  Main.cpp, line 2: cannot find
include file "iostream"
makedepend: warning:  Main.cpp, line 3: cannot find
include file "vector"

Is makedepend trying to put these dependencies in my
dependency file?  I should think standard library
includes would be ignored.  Is there a way to tell
makedepend to ignore them?  Or is this error being
caused by something else?

Is there a good tutorial for makedepend?  The manual,
eg, does not even mention the -f- option used above.
I got that from a random example.

In particular, can you configure makedepend to work
with different pre-processors?  I'd like to use
Borland.

Thanks for any tips,
John