Re: NU-B question about including other files

From: Mike Gibson
Subject: Re: NU-B question about including other files
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 13:43:33 -0600

Get rid of the space in the variable reference to LIB_OBJS. When you do this, make is trying to reference a variable called "LIB_OBJS " (note the space at the end of the variable name, which doesn't exist. It should work after that modification.

this is wrong:
all: my_app $(LIB_OBJS )

this is right:
all: my_app $(LIB_OBJS)

Mike Gibson

Maya wrote:
Thanks for the help!!
I added this line to Makefile:
all: my_app $(LIB_OBJS )

Well it did compile the test.cpp file, but none of the files declared in the
Makefile.jme were compiled or linked, what else can I do?
I am sure this is just a stupid thing and that it is obvious to you and most of
the folks reading this message, but I really don't have a clue.

TIAA
Mike Gibson <address@hidden> wrote:

When you don't specify a target on the command line, make assumes that you want to build the target for the first rule in the file. Since:

exception.o: $(EXCEPTION_H)
   $(CC) $(JMECFLAGS) -c $(EXCEPTION_C)

is the first rule, that is all it creates.

What most folks do is to create a phony target "all" which depends on the file(s) that you want to create by default as the first rule in the file:

all : my_app

This will have the effect of trying to make my_app, which will trigger the other rules and so forth down the line until make has come up with a sequence of commands to run.

Mike Gibson