RE: multiple default goals

From: hotquietday
Subject: RE: multiple default goals
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2004 16:51:01 -0700 (PDT)

> If the target doesn't exist then obviously
> the prerequisite is newer.
> It doesn't look to me like your rules ever
> create the target files
> (createDll or createJava), so the
> prerequisites will always be newer and
> they will always be rebuilt.

Paul,

That makes sense.  In fact, createDll and createJava
are not files.  I just created them as a way of
grouping
together the Java piece of the code and the native
piece.
Would they be called phony targets?  In any case, what
want is for those java commands to be executed only
when
Ocr.java has changed.  With the object files, I want
them
to be recreated and relinked whenever one of their
dependecies
changes (this is determined mainly by implicit rules).

What is the proper way to get this effect?

Thanks,
John