Re: make failure for perl XML::Parser module

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: make failure for perl XML::Parser module
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2004 17:48:51 -0400

%% George NA <address@hidden> writes:

  gn> I fail to make the XML::Parser module for perl. I 'm
  gn> receiving the following error message :

  gn> Makefile:409: *** multiple target patterns.  Stop.

  gn> 419 $(INST_AUTODIR)\.exists :: C:\Perl\lib\CORE\perl.h

GNU make does not support pathnames with colons in them (like "C:")
normally.  Also, it doesn't deal well with backslashes: you should use
forward slashes.

Some versions of GNU make built for Windows do understand drive letters,
as a special case.