Re: flat OBJDIR

From: Noel Yap
Subject: Re: flat OBJDIR
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 14:25:50 -0400

Ahh, yes, the auto-re-exec trick.  I remember having lots of fun with this
including slowing the builds down ;-)  As I've said before, $(eval) is more
than much appreciated.

Paul D. Smith wrote:

%% address@hidden (Alexander Farber) writes:

  af> Can't I construct a series of rules by using $(foreach ...) instead?

In order to do this you will have to use $(eval ...).  It can't be done
using "traditional" make functions and methods... well, it actually can
be done with the auto-re-exec trick.