Re: $(OBJS) not generated

From: Torsten Mohr
Subject: Re: $(OBJS) not generated
Date: Sat, 2 Oct 2004 17:50:40 +0200

Hi,

thank you very much for that hint, now it works!

But this changes my understanding of how "make" works,
i wrote the rules for SRC and OBJ with the normal "="
sign, explicitly NOT "=:".

Did i miss something in the documentation about variable
expansion in Makefiles?  To my (previous) understanding
the order of lines with normal assignments ("=") should
never matter.
I thought make internally builds a graph of the dependencies
and also expands variables built on that.

It would be great if anybody could give me some hints
regarding this issue.

Best regards,
Torsten.