Re: can't get sed script into makefile

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: can't get sed script into makefile
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 2004 13:44:47 -0500

Unfortunately there's no good way to fix this, if you have to have all
of these commands in the same script (which I think you do; I don't
think separating them with -e does the same thing).

You can create a script and use that instead of invoking sed directly.
You can even create the script from make, like this:

    ./foo.sed:
            echo '#!/bin/sed' > $@
            echo 's/^Build-Depends: .*$$/\0, libldap-dev/' >> $@
            chmod 755 $@

    control-stamp: ./foo.sed
                mv debian/control debian/control.orig
                $< < debian/control.orig > debian/control
                touch control-stamp

or something.