Re: How to convert slash into backslash within folder name

From: John Graham-Cumming
Subject: Re: How to convert slash into backslash within folder name
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2005 09:13:39 -0500

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 14:43 +0100, Mariusz Janczak wrote:
> How to convert slash into backslash within folder name.
>
> I tried following:
>
> slash:= \\
> backslash:= /
> $(subst $(slash),$(backslash),$(folder))

That should work, I assume that you want to change the value of the
variable folder in which case you need an assignment somewhere.  In your
example that's going to do the substitution on the value of folder and
then return that value as the return value from folder.  Since you
aren't assigning the result of the $(subst) you'll probably get an error
from make.

Try this:

folder := $(subst \\,/,$(folder)

John.