Netmake

From: Lucas Silva
Subject: Netmake
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 12:10:13 +0000

Hi,

I have code a patch, which I think to be useful.

I will give the problem before I explain the patch.

Whilst doing a project  in a clustered system, some of my colleagues
didn't like to use VI or EMAC, they proffered their fancy GUI  text
editor. They kept asking me if I didn't have a script or a program to
automate the uploading process.

Because we were doing a distributed system and the architecture,client
and cluster, were different. The code had to be uploaded and compiled
in the cluster.

The first thing came in my mind was to check if Make or any other tool
could do that. But I couldn't find, so I created a patch that allows
Make to grab the files from different network and compile it.

Having that in mind, we can find a number of other benefit this new
feature would bring. Such as updating system, cross compiling etc..

The patch can be download from:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/netmake/

More information can be found

http://netmake.sourceforge.net/index.html

Sorry for the poor documentation, I will write more as soon as I get free time.

Thanks
Lucas S Silva