Re: simpler way to do multi-arch builds?

From: John Graham-Cumming
Subject: Re: simpler way to do multi-arch builds?
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2005 14:05:01 -0500

On Mon, 2005-03-21 at 13:49 -0500, Paul D. Smith wrote:
> There are simpler ways to do it but I don't know that anyone has written
> them up in a document like that.

I wrote an article for Dr. Dobbs, January 2005 issue called "Cross-
Platform Builds".  The company I work for bought the rights to have the
article on their web site and so if you want to read it you can go to
http://www.electric-cloud.com/resources/ and you'll find the article
about half way down the page.

It's non-recursive build set up that supports cross-platform building.
I don't actually use $(eval) in this article; it will, therefore, work
with GNU Make 3.79 and earlier.

John.
--
John Graham-Cumming