Re: GNU make tests - transitive closure

From: Noel Yap
Subject: Re: GNU make tests - transitive closure
Date: Fri, 08 Apr 2005 07:39:20 -0400

Try using := when assigning.  = defines a macro.  The difference is when the
RHS is evaluated.  The former will evaluate at the time of definition while the
latter will evaluate at the time of use.

Noel

xTigr wrote:

Hi Guys, Can anyone explain me how make is run from the perl
script?

The issue is: I run "perl run_make_test.pl
functions/call" and get correct result. But when I run "make -f
functions/call.mk" then I get an error message about
Recursive variable referencing itself.

What is the difference between script run and command
line run???

Script does not pass any argument to make.

Thanks in advance
xtigr