RE: Advanced Auto-Dependency Generation

From: Alexander.Farber
Subject: RE: Advanced Auto-Dependency Generation
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2005 11:44:16 +0200

Hi,

I'm not a gmake expert at all and often struggle to understand it.

But my suggestion is: if you want so much, that the .d (actually .P)
files get regenerated in cases they get deleted - then you obviously
need a rule for them, like the one listed in "Basic Auto-Dependencies".

Also what I dislike about the trick listed in "Advanced Auto-Dependencies"
is that it doesn't work for parallel builds: there is no rule for .P files.
A process includes a .P file while it is still being generated by another
process and the build fails (we use pvmgmake here).

Regards
Alex