Re: help needed on include and -I

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: help needed on include and -I
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2005 11:55:43 -0400

%% "Martin Mensch" <address@hidden> writes:

  mm> Still the point where I see possible trouble is the same that was
  mm> the start of the mentioned thread. So I tried this line as the
  mm> first line in targel all:

I don't know what this means?

  mm>   for z in *.o; { [ ! -e ${z%.o}.d ] && rm $z }

This is not valid shell syntax.  See the documentation for the shell.

  mm> I also tired some things with foreach:
  mm> $(foreach objfile, $(OBJ), \
  mm>  $(@if test -f $(OBJDIR)/${objfile:%.o=.d} \
  mm>    then echo nix; \
  mm>    else rm $(objfile); echo $(objfile) removed ) )

???  This is some strange Borg-ian combination of shell and make syntax.

Please be clear that you cannot "mix and match" shell syntax and make
syntax like this.  Make syntax is parsed by make.  Shell syntax is
passed to, and parsed by, the shell.

  mm> It would be great if someone could help me with it.

It's really not clear to me what you're trying to do...