Two executables

From: tjkrzemi
Subject: Two executables
Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 23:28:03 -0400

I'm having an issue with my makefile.  I'm new to building Makefiles, so
forgive my ignorance.  I have a project with several nested directories.
The code in the directories are compiled into libraries, and then linked at
the top level.  Everything worked great when I output one executable.

Now I want to create two different executables with different compiler
options.  Here's a snippet of the makefile:

BUILD_A_EXECUTABLE = mw_A_exec
BUILD_B_EXECUTABLE = mw_B_exec

all :
        $(MAKE) build_a build_b

build_a : $(DIRS)
        $(MAKE) $(BUILD_A_EXECUTABLE)

build_b : $(DIRS)
        $(MAKE) $(BUILD_B_EXECUTABLE)

############## BUILD A ##############
ifeq ($(MW_TYPE_A),1)

CPPFLAGS = -g -Wall $(INCLS) \
         -DDtHLA=1 -DRTI_USES_STD_FSTREAM

CPPFLAGS = -g -Wall $(INCLS) \
         -DDtDIS=1
endif

How can I define MW_TYPE_A = 1 only when I'm creating BUILD_A_EXECUTABLE
and not when I'm building BUILD_B_EXECUTABLE?

Any help would be great!  Let me know if you need more info.  Thanks.

Todd Krzeminski