Re: Quoted file names matching a pattern?

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Quoted file names matching a pattern?
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 10:48:40 -0400

%% "Angel Tsankov" <address@hidden> writes:

  at> $(wildcard *.cpp) returns a list of all files that have th .cpp
  at> suffix. One or more of these files may contain a space in the
  at> name, which makes the list not very useful. Is it possible to get
  at> a list of quoted files names that match a pattern?

Quoted filenames won't help because make doesn't do quotes.

Basically, it is very, very difficult, even impossible, to handle
filenames containing whitespace using make.

You should avoid such files.