Re: Shell invocation flags

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Shell invocation flags
Date: Fri, 22 Jul 2005 10:16:00 -0400

%% Dan Oelke <address@hidden> writes:

  do> The second solution was suggested by Dave Hylands (Thanks Dave!!)
  do> - that is to set the environment variable MAKE_MODE=unix as
  do> documented in the fine cygwin documentation.

Hi Dan;

A couple of notes: first, questions that are or appear to be specific to
the DOS/Windows/OS2 port of GNU make are best asked on the
address@hidden mailing list: folks who know most about these ports
congregate there.

Second, the version of GNU make that comes with Cygwin is not the same
as the version provided by the FSF/GNU project.  The Cygwin folks take
the vanilla version and add their own patches to it which changes some
functionality, especially in the area of which shell is invoked, etc.
The changes made in the Cygwin version are actually not supported by any
of the GNU mailing lists, so it's best to ask questions about that
version on the Cygwin mailing lists instead.

Glad you solved your problem though :-) !