Wildcard and Java class files

From: zell
Subject: Wildcard and Java class files
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 03:38:51 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

I was playing around with Ken Smith's function for recursively listing files
found at:

  http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/help-make/2005-08/msg00027.html

find = \
$(strip \
  $(eval these-files := $(wildcard $(addsuffix /*,$(strip $(1))))) \
  $(these-files) \
  $(if $(strip $(these-files)),$(call find,$(these-files))) \
 )

when I noticed that certain filenames were being shortened.  The culprit seems
to be filenames containing a '$' (such as Java class files with inner classes).
It would appear that gmake is trying to expand the filename after the call to
wildcard.

Is there an easy way to get around this?