Complex pattern issue

From: Tommy Nordgren
Subject: Complex pattern issue
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 02:31:15 +0200

Is it possible to specify that source files with a specific suffix should be processed by a certain tool,
without the source and target files necessarily sharing a stem.
The reason I wan't to do this, is that I've access to a suite of compiler construction tools, where the generated file names are defined by rules in the source language, and if not defined defaults
to a hard coded constant:
For example the source file "Alfa.pars", beginning with the following two lines:
SCANNER Beta
PARSER    Gamma
will genrate the two output files
Beta.rpp
and Gamma.lalr
This sig is dedicated to the advancement of Nuclear Power
Tommy Nordgren
address@hidden