Re: Running a custom executable before compilation

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Running a custom executable before compilation
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2005 13:43:44 -0500

%% address@hidden writes:

  nh> How can I run my own executable automatically before each
  nh> compilation?  It supposed to be something in the same principle as
  nh> "post build rule" but must be run before the compilation.

There is no way to do this with some magical make construct.

You simply have to either modify the rules in your makefiles to run this
executable, or another option is to replace your compiler with a script
that does both.

You don't give any details about your current situation and I don't know
much about Windows shells but in UNIX to do the former you could try:

    CC := my-executable && $(CC)
    CXX := my-executable && $(CXX)