Re: gmake with -B option

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: gmake with -B option
Date: Thu, 5 Jan 2006 08:43:23 -0500

%% Bhaskar G <address@hidden> writes:

  bg> I am generating a makefile using echo, sed and awk commands if the
  bg> makefile is not existing.

  bg> makefile: <prerequisites>
  bg>         commands

  bg> ifneq ($(ALLOK),ok)
  bg> makefile: FORCE
  bg> endif

  bg> This works absolutely fine when I use gmake. When I use the gmake
  bg> with a -B option. The process loops in making the makefile and
  bg> doesnot proceed further.

You might check the latest beta.  I believe there were some issues with
-B in 3.80 that have been fixed.

  ftp://alpha.gnu.org/gnu/make/make-3.81beta4.tar.gz

If that doesn't help please create a small, self-contained makefile that
illustrates the problem and post it here; it's difficult to tell what
might be wrong from the bits above.

Good luck!