Re: "Advanced Auto-Dependency Generation" and lex/yacc (again)

From: Philip Guenther
Subject: Re: "Advanced Auto-Dependency Generation" and lex/yacc (again)
Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 13:33:43 -0700

On 1/30/06, Boris Kolpackov <address@hidden> wrote:
> Philip Guenther <address@hidden> writes:
> > # Require that the .tab.h file(s) exist before any .o files are built
> > %.o: | ${}
> FYI, this does not have any effect in GNU make.

Oops, right.  You'll need to actually list the .o files for the
directory there, as you can't use a pattern rule to just add to the
dependency lists for a set of files.

In the actual set of makefiles where I use an order-only dependency
with .tab.h files it looks something like this:

GEN_H_SRC += ${}
OBJ += ${}
# ...more stuff that may add to GEN_H_SRC and OBJ
${OBJ}: | ${GEN_H_SRC}

Thank you to Boris for catching that error in my example.

Philip Guenther