Any Makefile examples available - Preprocess files

From: Jaye Speaks
Subject: Any Makefile examples available - Preprocess files
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 13:37:36 -0500

Question:  Do you know where I could find a collection of Makefile examples?
Question:  Do you know where I could find an example solution that is similar
to the one I propose below?

Fact: I own a copy of the GNU Makefile book, have read and studied it, and
still have questions.
Fact: I need some examples of Makefile based solutions to figure out how to
accomplish my desired implementation of a Makefile build workflow.

Problem:  I have a master folder (along with child folders) of files that
contain C-Preprocessor statements (IFDEF, etc.).  I want to utilize a Makefile
to produce "processed" versions of the master files into the appropriate
matching folder structure.

Folder:
\Makefile
\partnerA.h