Re: GNU make 3.79.1 help required .... -j option is ignored

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: GNU make 3.79.1 help required .... -j option is ignored
Date: Tue, 14 Feb 2006 22:47:40 +0000

On 2006-2-14 11:32 UTC, amit kumar wrote:

> I am GNU Make version 3.79.1  on sparc-sun-solaris2.8 machine and wants
> to run make with -j option to allow execution of parallel processes to
> reduce the build time for our product.
>
> But I am getting the following warning. Can someone help me out.
>
> make: Warning: Ignoring DistributedMake -j option

I just grepped the 3.79.1 sources for 'Ignoring' and 'DistributedMake',
and found only a line containing 'Ignoring VPATH name', so I wonder
whether this warning comes from somewhere else. If it were from use of
the $(warning) function in a makefile, I'd expect the message to be
  [name of makefile]:[line number]:[warning text]
Could this be an altered version of GNU make, or some solaris make?