Re: use of wildcard function recursively

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: use of wildcard function recursively
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:20:44 -0500

%% "Aditya Kher" <address@hidden> writes:

  >> You cannot, in general, use GNU make (or any other standard make) with
  >> pathnames containing spaces.

  ak> I forwarded this to Chris earlier but didnt copy the list

  ak> t:
  ak> <tab>@echo ${list}

  ak> then
  ak> %gmake t
  ak> gives
  ak> ./a b.txt ./a c.txt

Sure, but this is just printing a list of names as a text string.

If Chris actually wants to DO anything with them, such as use them as
targets or prerequisites or manipulate them with make functions like
addsuffix or patsubst (or virtually any other function), that's when
he'll run into problems.