Re: make 3.81rc2: automatic variables strip leading "./"

From: Angel Tsankov
Subject: Re: make 3.81rc2: automatic variables strip leading "./"
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2006 11:02:06 +0300

This is not limited to this release candidate: GNU make has behaved like
this for a very long time.  However, it was only recently reported.

See Savannah bug #10708.

 https://savannah.gnu.org/bugs/index.php?func=detailitem&item_id=10708

This is not targeted to be fixed in GNU make 3.81 however.

What do you mena by "fixed" - as far as I can see, this is not  bug, is it?

In order to achieve the desired behaviour now I need a way to check if patsubst has made any substitutions when called OR a way to test the result of patsubst to the third argument. How is this done?