Re: Querying the name of the current makefile

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: Querying the name of the current makefile
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2006 12:17:31 -0400

%% Greg Chicares <address@hidden> writes:

  gc> On 2006-4-3 15:38 UTC, John Graham-Cumming wrote:
  >> Greg Chicares wrote:
  >>
  >>> Is there any way to determine the name of the current makefile?
  >>
  >> THIS_MAKEFILE := $(words $(word $(MAKEFILE_LIST)),$(MAKEFILE_LIST))
  gc> [I think you meant:]
  gc>                        $(word $(words $(MAKEFILE_LIST)),$(MAKEFILE_LIST))

  gc> I had RT wrong FM. It's not present in 3.79, but section 3.5
  gc> of the make-3.80 manual explains this in detail. Thanks.

FYI, as of this morning I've updated the make manuals available for
online viewing or download on the gnu.org site to have the latest
versions of the GNU make manual, in many different formats:

  http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/