Re: about immediate and deferred variable assignment in GNU make

From: John Graham-Cumming
Subject: Re: about immediate and deferred variable assignment in GNU make
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 18:15:00 +0200

Lin George wrote:
I have Googled "Managing Projects with GNU Make" and it is a published book and there is no free version (copy) of this book on the Internet. Correct?

Actually it is a printed book that you can buy a copy of, and I encourage you to do so to support the author, but he choose to also release the book under the FSF's Free Documentation License.

You can read the entire book in PDF form for free here:

http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/make3/book/index.csp

John.