Re: make returns following error

From: Paul D. Smith
Subject: Re: make returns following error
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 08:22:27 -0400

%% "Wells, Adrian \(SCH\)" <address@hidden> writes:

  wa> The make command fails with
  wa> /usr/include/bits/sigthread.h:66:error:storage class specifiedfor
  wa> parameter 'type name'
  wa> make[2] Error 1
  wa> make[1] ***[All-recursive] Error 1
  wa> make: *** [All] Error 2

Hi Adrian; in general it's not useful to post hundreds of lines of
makefiles.  Even if we wanted to, it's too difficult to go through all
those lines to see what might be an error.  This is especially true of
generated makefiles since they're typically even more verbose (so that
they can be maximally portable).

If you can't narrow down the problem to a specific set of lines in the
makefile, and/or reproduce it in a smaller makefile, then it's best to
not include the makefile at all, at least initially.  If we need to see
it we can ask for it.

Anyway, this problem is not a make problem at all, so we can't help you.
Your compile is failing for some reason, which is either a bug in the
code you're trying to compile or a misconfiguration on your system.  I
suggest you contact the author(s) of the code you're trying to compile,
or a bug or help mailing list for that project, and see if they can help
you.

Good luck!