Multi-Arch Multi-directories make

From: Uri Shkolnik
Subject: Multi-Arch Multi-directories make
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 00:32:04 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I would like to write the main makefile of Multi-arch,
Multi-modules project.

What I wrote in order to run all dependent makefile
is:

MAKEDIRS = \
        $(UTILS_MODULE)/build/sms1000 \
        $(DVB_H_HANDOVER_MODULE)/build/sms1000 \

.PHONY: test1
test1: CreateMasterParamFile
        @echo **** TEST ****
        $(foreach dir, $(MAKEDIRS), $(MAKE) clean -C $(dir);)

This makefile segment will work well in UNIX based OS,
but not in win32, because the ";"  (semicolon) is a
delimiter between two UNIX shell commands, but not in
dos (where is maybe should be "&&" but you can't put
this in the makefile)

So, my questions are: -
1) How do you write such makefile segment for
dos/win32?
2) Is it possible two write the same makefile for both
(UNIX/win32) without any penalty at execution time?

Thanks,

Uri