Listing the targets defined in a makefile

From: Ville Laurikari
Subject: Listing the targets defined in a makefile
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 15:10:11 +0200

Hi,

I'd like to automatically apply some target specific variables and
order-only prerequisites to targets defined in makefiles.   Is there a
magic variable or function to get a list of all targets defined in a
particular makefile?  I know about .VARIABLES, MAKEFILE_LIST and the
rest, but there doesn't seem to be a .TARGETS or similar special
variable to list targets.

If there really is no such thing, I'd like to see it in a future
version.

I'm using GNU Make 3.81.

--
http://www.iki.fi/vl/