RE: creating directories through dependency

From: Dave Korn
Subject: RE: creating directories through dependency
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 11:32:03 -0000

On 09 January 2007 11:23, Michal Nowikowski wrote:

>> I wrote an article for CM Crossroads all about directory creation in GNU
>> Make.  You can read it here:
>> http://www.cmcrossroads.com/content/view/6936/120/
>
> Thanks, excellent article.

  Let me second those thanks!

  BTW, if you ever revise it, I noticed one minor omission in the discussion of
using the -p option to mkdir: as well as building a whole path in one go, it
also prevents mkdir from erroring out if the destination dir already exists,
meaning that you don't have to use "-mkdir" and potentially ignore real errors
as well as (irrelevant) EEXISTs.  I'm sure you're aware of all that, but your
target audience might not spot the implication if you don't make it explicit.

    cheers,
      DaveK