Re: I am not able to install make

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: I am not able to install make
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 12:57:15 +0200

> Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 10:48:03 -0600 (CST)
> Subject: I am not able to install make
> From: address@hidden
> Hello, My name is Miriam Gonzalez from Universidad autonoma del Estado de
> Mexico
> I am trying to install make on Solaris 10, but when I type "make" (after
> type ./configure) the following error appears  bash: make: command not
> found  .

This is because you don't have any version of Make installed.  For
these situations, the file README tells you what to do:

    If you need to build GNU Make and have no other `make' program to use,
    you can use the shell script `' instead.  To do this, first run
    `configure' as described in INSTALL.  Then, instead of typing `make' to
    build the program, type `sh'.  This should compile the program
    in the current directory.  Then you will have a Make program that you can
    use for `./make install', or whatever else.