how to instruct gmake to read included fragmented makefiles paralally..

From: Divakar Venkata (divvenka)
Subject: how to instruct gmake to read included fragmented makefiles paralally..
Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2007 11:36:23 +0530

Hi,

We use non-recursive make system with over 1000+ fragmented
makefiles all over source code. We have seen make spending
lot of time in reading these files and calculating dependency graph
before starting build.

Here, is there a way to instruct gmake to read these fragmented
makefiles paralally and create dependency graph..?

I am sorry if this is already answered. Pl give links to check that out..

TIA
Divakar