RE: Making multiple action lines from a varaible

From: EXT-Pennington, Dale K
Subject: RE: Making multiple action lines from a varaible
Date: Wed, 1 Aug 2007 14:30:53 -0500

Well, at risk of talking to myself, I figured it out

When we declared the CLEANTARGETS and ALLTARGETS as phoney, they no
longer check them against the implicit rules (per online manual section
4.6). Once I comment out the .PHONY line all works well.

Alternately replacing the implict target

phony-clean-%:

with the explicit target

$(CLEANTARGETS):

And keeping the .PHONY target works as well

Dale Pennington