Re: How make finds its targets?

From: Paul Smith
Subject: Re: How make finds its targets?
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2007 08:00:44 -0400

On Tue, 2007-08-21 at 13:40 +0200, Arsen Hayrapetyan wrote:
> Now, how Make finds the 'install-common' target?
> The file Makefile.global-vars is attached to this message, but it
> seems not to contain anything helpful.

The part that does what you're asking about is not shown in your
message.  One thing to note is that although you say you attached
Makefile.global-vars, it looks more like you attached
Makefile.global-vars.in; that makefile seems like it should be processed
by autoconf (it has tokens like @openca_tools_prefix@ which are supposed
to be replaced by autoconf).