Re: Removing . and .. from paths

From: Philip Guenther
Subject: Re: Removing . and .. from paths
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 12:54:51 -0700

On Nov 11, 2007 12:08 PM, Vegard Nossum <address@hidden> wrote:
> Well, I don't know exactly how inefficient it is. And I doubt it's
> actually a performance bottleneck. But it would be nice to write it
> properly. On grounds of principle. In my opinion, it's really a hack.

Your implementation looks straightforward ("proper"?) to my eyes.  If
that's a hack then you should probably not read the source for John
Graham-Cumming's GNU make standard library (http://gmsl.sf.net/)...

<shrug>

BTW, it did occur to me later that you could replace $(abspath .) with
$(CURDIR).

Philip Guenther